Vormain-dropping.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 02:09:23 GMT

As I have a slight case of Vormain of the Brain at the moment (don't worry, it's an operable condition), I'm going to interject the name into two previously innocent, unsuspecting (and both rather old) threads.

Paavo Raappana wonders:
> was the Closing as powerful in Pamaltela and in Eastern Islands (they
> are pretty far from Brithos) as it was in Genertela?

I dunno about "just as powerful", but my understanding is that it was pretty deuced effective in Vormain. However, GCotHW notes that that after it reaches the East Isles it "dissipates". One could interpret that in a couple ways, as suits your purposes... (I think it means they were internally navigable.)

Jose Ramos on cavalry of mixed role:
> Other types are Extra heavy cavalry/Archers (in the RW
> used by sassanids, byzantines, turks and mongols), the Rolls Royce of
> cavalry, but needing a lifetime of training. I don't know if someone,
> somewhere has this, but I fear it should be the Kingdom of War.

I'll nominate Vormain as the possessor of possibly EHC/A, or at any rate HC/A. Dunno if they'd ever field large numbers of them in a pure formation of such, though.

BTW, as some might object to bison riders being described as "knights", I'll throw in that I seem to recall the term "super heavy cavalry" being used in some quarters to describe this "type" at its most generic.

Slainte,
Alex.