Oppression and Sex.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:45:12 GMT

Panu Pasanen wants totalitarianism, factions, and a city.

TTrotsky makes several very good suggestions, including:
> Even more obscure areas that might fit include [...] Vormain.

I think so, yes. The "government" of Vormain is pretty authoritarian, but it's fair to say, factionalised to within an inch of its life. Hard to make this work at all with "foreign" PCs, though, but could certainly be done with natives, or with bumpkins from the Vorumai Hinter Isles.

However, as you may have noticed, material on the Vorumai is a tad thin on the ground currently, however unpublished and unofficial you're prepared to stoop. (I should know, as I'm prepared to stoop pretty low, and wrote a chunk of it myself. :-/)

S=E9rgio_Mascarenhas draws a Firm Line between Broos and Satrys:
> Satyrs don't rape! It would be the negation of their nature. Satyrs =
take
> erotism to its extreme. Rape is the negation of erotism. Satyrs are =
such
> powerfull seducers that they seduce DESPITE their physical apearence.

"Seduction" has a wide range of connotations, though, starting out with "speculative flirtation", and ending up someplace close to "date rape". The word had very much the latter sort of implication in the middle = ages;
IIRC Dante has Rapists and Seducers sent to, if not the same ring of the Inferno, then at least within easy commuting distance for fraternal visits. Many satyr "victims" probably feel more than a tad "taken advantage of". Especially macho Orlanthi male ones. ;-) ;-)

A "thin borderline" between the two would make sense in Orlanthi philosophy, given their attitude that some of the worst forms of chaos are those that are "pervsersions" of legitimate, honourable practices: Urox vs. Urain, a Foundation Ritual vs. Lokmaydism. (As an aside, I mentioned something about the latter to Greg on one occassion, and got one of those famous "I said what!?" reactions. ;-) So maybe take _that_ example with a grain of NaCl...)

> > Or that Broo can be cleansed of chaos to become Satyr.
> IMO if a broo his cleansed he will loose the drive to rape and any sex =
=3D
> impulse. No more sex for him.

The only known way to achieve such "Cleansing" is to become an Illuminant. I think this would leave the broo free to have sex, or not, but wouldn't actually "cure" him of his... erm, how shall I put this?... anti-social sperm problem.

Slainte,
Alex.