Re: Humakti

From: Dougie Crawford <dougiepunk_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 15:31:13 +0000

Sorry if this thread has run it's course, but I'm still up to my neck in back issues of the digest. Anyway, my take is that when Humakti sever there their kin ties they do it both legally, effectively becoming an outlore unable to claim legal justice for or from thier family, and physically by upping stakes and leaving home to find find an honouable lord to serve (thus removing thier "outlorey" as the new lord/ temple / unit commander etc effectively takes on family responsiblities). This fits in with the notion that Humakt is a god of mercinaries. Humaki, IMO remain perfectly human - the humaki in Smell of a Rat (RQ Companion) is an open philaderer (OK, so he is an Ogre but the piont is no-one bats an eye-lid at his behavior), and in that story in the Tales Humakti special (I can't rember it's name of hand) where blokey meets his big Brother at Horn Gate we see Humakti showing perfectly human fraternal love and (over the Lottery Sword), greed.