Re: Malkioni magic and Lambril

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:39:22 +0100 (MET)

Bill Thompson on fighting Varganthar

> Eventually they will have to move back towards the Janube. Probably after
> Okarnia.
>
> So if anyone has some examples of Malkoni group combat magic (army vs.
> army) I would appreciate it.

One example is the Crusade, Divinely inspired fighting provess (Armour of Honor, Automatic success in the Love (God) passion and raised Valor/reclessnes the way I play it in pendragon).

Some time ago Nick Brooke suggested that western churces could have a damping effect on pagan magic. I imagine the priests bringing their relices to the battlefield could do the same (?). Fits with the western pathos I think: knights slaugtering pagans with steel and iron without unknightly magic.

Lambril:
I've seen this cult refered to countless times and it has started to anoy me that I know next to nothing about it. Any chance of getting a summary of the cult's history, hierarchy and magic?

Frank Rafaelsen
Homo Ludens