But it's biotite, dammit....

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:25:47 -0800

>Dolerite is an old term for coarsed grained basaltic rocks, which is very rare
>in Glorantha. Genertela consists mainly of granitoid rocks,

It does? I must admit I've never seen a geological map of Genertela (with the exception of one for the Grazelands), truth be told I wouldn't have thought many people would be that bothered. However, I would suggest that there could be plenty of basaltic deposits in & around Caladraland if we're going to go RW in this.

>Granite consits 95% of Quartz and Feldspar. Means that, that the Granite=
> Phalanx has these sub-sections in their regiment?

Maybe Quartz & Feldspar are old regimental leaders of the Granite Phalanx who formed their own phalanxes in the far distant past. Or perhaps they're just rocks.

>>I think slate's a good idea.
>I don=B4t think so, exept their members are all little scum-masters.
Hey, don't slate the slate phalanx, what have they ever done to you? (As an aside, would old timers put out to field end up in in the slag phalanx/heap). I'd find it amusing to be able to call all these put out to seed phalangites a bunch of old slags.

>Malachite I think is Nick's pet phalanx,

Would that be because malachite is read, but also can be green - just in case there's a Green Moon out there somewhere.

>Rob Smith and I recently had some sort of "shall we kill it, or shall we
>continue to develop it, despite the fact that only one other the (human?)
>being (that being danny)

That's a horrible slur, it's a well known fact that I am a pagan god and not human at all... But HURRAH that it's still alive cos that means I'll get renewed enthusiasm to finish my Gloranthan board wargame rules eventually. (And a good system it is too, slick, but simple).