Headhunting in Tutus

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 98 19:47:34 CDT

& From: "Andrew Staples" <Andy_Staples_at_classic.msn.com>
& Subject: Orlanthi head-hunting?
&
& My first posting to this digest, so hello everybody. Wonder if you can help me
& with a question that has been much on my mind of late...

And this is one of my rare replies. This is indeed a day that shall live in infamy. :)

& I came across a reference to Orlanthi head-hunting on one of the articles on
& Loren's web-site (David Cake's Killing People Dead). Superb article, but where
& has this idea of Orlanthi taking heads come from? Is there a published item
& about it, or is it just part of the continual Celtification of Orlanthi?
&
& It just seems a bit too Thanatari to me...

Might seem that way, but there is a difference. Remember that the Thanatari don't just take the head, they take the spirit/soul/juju as well (which generally later goes mad). It's not just the act, but the quality thereof and reasons therefore. (There was a long discussion not long ago concerning a similar question with rape and broo. Check the archives and back-digests.)