Re:Lanbril and Mr Nilberg

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 06:33:12 PST

Hi all,

Frederic Ferro wrote:
>Is Lanbril worshipped outside of Pavis and Adari (and all the Zola Fel
area)?

I don't have the write-up handy at the moment, but I don't remember anything saying explicitly that it is a Pavis cult only. Black Fang is a local cult, but he was a Lanbril cultist, wasn't he?

>(snip) Greg Stafford explicitly
>said there were actually no Lanbrili in Kethaela and that Lanbril was
only a
>regional cult.

Despite the fact that this comes from the Man himself, I can't remember any reference to it. Why not have Lanbril as the Theyalan thief god, and instead have local sub-cults in each city?

Nick Hollingsworth writes:
>I have just had a mail from a Mr Bjorn Nilberg! He had come across
>the Glorantha archives and wondered what his namesakes were. Out
>of interest, does anyone know who came up with the idea for them
>and how they picked the name.

It's actually spelled nilmerg, not nilberg. Reverse the letters and you get gremlin. Voila!

Cheers,
Erik Nolander