questions galore

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:09:19 +1300 (NZDT)

Alex Ferguson:

>What Sons -- OK, daughters too, as you _insist_ ;-) -- do we know/suppose
>Shargash to have? Off the top of my head I can only think of Alkor.

Eusibus and Lerustum the Killer are known. Some other Red Kings of Alkoth are remembered as being Sons of Shargash IMO on the grounds of valour and prowess.

Gary R Switzer:

>1)Sunrise/Sunset: To an observer in the East Isles, the rising and setting
>of the sun must appear very different than it does in Prax, Sartar and
>certainly the far west. Right?

If you want it to. Personally I'm of the opinion that glorantha really has time zones but nobody knows this. Thus days look normal wherever one is on glorantha.

>3)Shadows: Bendy light or no, if you live in Dragon Pass or any of a
>number of other places hard by some of the tall mountain ranges of
>Glorantha (or even not so hard) you aren't going to have nearly as much
>direct sunlight to grow your crops in and work under as you would in the
>RW.

Doesn't seem to affect the Britons and the Irish whose lands are notorious for their lack of sunshine.

TMRAROSE:
>First what type of malkionism is practiced in Gods forgot.

Brithini. IMO They are not _really_ Brithini but practice it to avoid the curse of death which was incurred when their god was slain during the Machine City Wars. They are only partly successful.

>Second , several
>races have been described as pygmies, such as the impala and bolo lizard
>people of prax and the wasp people of sartar .Have characteristics for these
>races ever been printed

Drastic: Prax suggests using 2d4+2 for SIZ, 2d8 for male STR and 2d6 for female STR.

Paul W. Stolar:

>1. How does one reconsile flying insects, since insects are darkness
>creatures and flight is an air/sky domain?

Darkness can inhabit the heavens - just ask your Xentha priestess on how Night came to be.

>2. Is there 'air' in hell?

Some say yes on the grounds that living people have been there and returned. Others say no on the grounds that if you are in the lands of the deasd, you are by definition dead.

>3. What did the trolls in Godtime breathe?

Air (at least when they were on the surface world).