Beneath the Salt

From: Michael O'Brien <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:35:57 +1000

G'day all,

Beneath the Salt

Joerg:
>(I don't like to treat PCs' choices too rough, but some coercion is
>needed to get them into the strange situation where they run afoul of
>one of the crime lords, and get into the enemy organisation. The slavery
>option is for renitent players who refuse the scenario hooks offered to
>them; if MOB's "Beneath the Salt" about the Sun County salt mines gets
>published, that would be one possible way out...)

Unfortunately, there are no plans to publish this scenario (which I was originally developing for SUN COUNTY but never quite finished). However, following a recent mention of the Count's salt-mines at Pent Ridge, I dragged out my old files on this and have written a sort of "Holiday Glorantha" descriptive piece about Pent Ridge, with some scenario hooks, notable NPCs, some more disturbing secrets about Sun County, and other goofy stuff. Plenty of potential for gaming, and (thanks to some invaluable advice from Joerg) all the juice on salt mining in Glorantha!

The German RQConsters asked me to contribute something for a fundraiser book for their forthcoming con in May, so look out for it there!

Cheers,

MOB PS I yukked heartily at Richard's whacko baboon dialogue a number of digs back (V5 #461). I love Sol's new nickname "The Pike", and an awakened spliff has gotta be the coolest notion for an NPC I've heard of in ages!

Michael O'Brien,
Bayswater Primary School
Mountain Highway,
Bayswater, Victoria