Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #473

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 05:21:45 PST

Hi all,

Jeff Richard writes (in response to me):
> I strongly doubt that there is
>such a thing as "the Theyalan thief god" - tell me, who was the
>Greco-Roman "thief god"?

You're right - *very* bad wording on my part. I was aiming at having Lanbril as a kind of Genertelan thief god (apart from in the West, and the East, and possibly in the Lunar Empire as well ;-)), but mainly in the civilized parts - I don't think that the cult has a lot of followers in most of the Dragon Pass tribes. However, since my posting, which I sent on March 4th, appeared a week later and after a lot of Digesters already have made the points I was trying to make, thus making me look like a fool ;-), I won't pursue the subject further.

BTW, wasn't Hermes/Mercury some kind of a thief god as well as a messenger god? I admit that my knowledge of Greco-Roman religion isn't that great, so don't flame me too much if I'm wrong...

Cheers,
Erik Nolander