[none]

From: joelsona_at_superman.cig.mot.com
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:33:02 -0600

Jeff.Richard:
I strongly doubt that there is such a thing as "the Theyalan thief god" - - tell me, who was the Greco-Roman "thief god"?

     Hermes/Mercury. However, he wasn't the "Thief God", he was the God of Messengers, Medicine, Thieves, and probably a couple of other things that I have forgotten. Which is to say, being Patron of Thieves was one of his many aspects. A Gloranthan equivalent might be to say the Orlanth Dark Sandals is a criminal sub-cult, who worship Orlanth by replicating the theft of the Sandals of Darkness from Kyger Litor in all sorts of more mundane ways.....

          Andrew