Yelm and the Dart Wars

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:50:27 -0800

Nick writes:
>The point is, if some enemy of a Yelmic Patriarch chooses to wipe his
>family out (by fair means or foul), that Yelmic Patriarch has just got
>involved in a "Dart Competition". . . OK, so maybe Yelmic Patriarchs don't
>*start* many Dart Competitions. I'd bet they'd take pride in *finishing*
>them!

I disagree with the whole premise that Yelm-worshipping aristocrats are unwilling to use all the resources at their command to wipe out the unjust, impure barbarians that threaten True Justice. If some half-nomad barbarian upstart governing Rinliddi (only half-nomad barbarians call it First Blessed) threatens the just primacy of the House Assiday of Raibanth by manouevering to have some barbarian mercenary given imperial command in the south - bloody right I'm going to use every weapon at my disposal to prevent this obvious attempt to bring about the reign of Kazkurtum and the fall of the Empire!

Personally, I suspect that the old Dara Happan noble houses are amongst the most vicious Dart War Competitors. Arrogant, dangerously self-righteous and supremely ambitious, they think nothing of destroying half-caste barbarians that block their own advancement.

Jeff