Re: Sky Dome Size; Shaman Thieves; Weakly

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:26:45 -0500

Alex calumniates me:

> As we don't know how (apparently) "big" the Sky Dome is, we don't
> know much different they're going to be. "Estimates" of same vary
> from 40,000km across -- thank you, S. Martin, to 50km -- thank you,
> N. Brooke... <smack!> ;-).

That's 50 miles, not 50 kilometres.

Dave Cake writes:

> If we go by the RQ3 description of thief cults, instead of priests
> and master thieves we end with shamans...

Bollocks. GoG CB p.70: "Priesthood. Requirements: standard." The word 'shaman' appears nowhere in the Thief Gods writeup.

Doyle writes:

> I expect to send the Weekly on Monday, every second week, as Monday
> has recently become my day off.

"The Gloranthan Fortnightly": not so many puns there...

> Nick Brooke has twice suggested mining the archives for material.
> I was hesitant at first, in the main because I wanted to the material
> to be presented some sort of order of appearance, which I was unable
> to come to much of a decision about.

What On Earth Is The Point (for most of us) of each week's Weakly being a condensed selection and reposting of material from the immediately preceding week's worth of Dailies? Cui bono?

::::
Nick
::::