High Noon

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 02:32:12 GMT

Hibbs, Philip, say he:
> The Sky Dome cannot be measured in terms of physical distance, just like
> the height of the Red Moon can't, they don't follow geometrical laws.

Can't it? What makes you so sure of this? Your point about the Red Moon is certainly true, but I don't think it necessarily extends to the rest of the Sky. In fact, one could argue that the reason the Materialists were so non-plussed that their attempt to do so failed, was that their technique _does_ work for the the rest of the Sky.

(Admittedly, it could also mean simply that no-one bothered proving them wrong before.)

((Even more admittedly, even if it does work, no-one (in the RW) is quite sure what it tells 'em.))

I have some secret sympathies at the "things like time-zones work more-or-less like earth" approach, but I'm not entirely conifident that it'll turn out that way, IGG.

Astronomically,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #475