Changing Gods

From: Richard Ohlson <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 22:59:28 -0500

> Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:45:55 -0800
> From: "Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer)" <a-daniem_at_microsoft.com>
> Subject: Changing Gods and Horizons..

> I would have to answer that it absolutely DOES change the god. Humakt is
> probably the very best example of that change... Arkat (our token Hero going
> nuts) went and took some obscure storm godlet, surgically removed him from
> Orlanths Kin, and gave him a 'rilly spiff sword. Even if you are unwilling
> to accept that Humakts "character" was largely CREATED by Arkat for his own
> purposes, Arkat DID change the god in the course of his heroquesting.

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Now, somebody had mentioned that "supressing the Lead Cross Quest" was to go against the Humakt himself. But, if current Swords feel that it's a particularly Bad For the Cult quest, they would effectivly be changeing the cult by REFUSING to allow the quest to take place, right? So Humakt himself can't change the cult, but the Swords can by choosing which quests to perform.

Hm, I wonder if Soul Sight would show if somebody had performed a "banned" quest. Are there any quests that anybody knows, "should not be performed...?"

Rich