Weeklies

From: Joerg Baumgartner <jorganos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:06:58 CET

Nick Brooke
>What On Earth Is The Point (for most of us) of each week's
>Weakly being a condensed selection and reposting of material
>from the immediately preceding week's worth of Dailies? Cui
>bono?

No immediate point. But try finding the more useful stuff amid all the noise produced here (like this discussion) in a couple of months, and you'll be happy to browse only through the weeklies...

Vesa Lehtinen:
> I agree. Okay, so I am biased because I am relatively new in
>this list and anything interesting from the bygone years would
>be interesting to see and so forth. But I do think I may not be the
>only one...

Well, get the archives while they still are there, and take an afternoon and a text-editor, and get your choice of say three months worth of daily or digest. I try to find that time now and then, and then put the extracts up on my web-page.

I'd still like to work on a database pointing to the relevant sections, and put all the stuff on a CD ROM, but I found that the available tools don't do what I intend them to do... All the archives on CD would be a start, anyway.

Joerg Baumgartner (via Hotmail)
mailto:joe_at_toppoint.de