Spirit Combat

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:30:12 +0000

I've been reading the Dragon Pass rules and it seems to me that the original thinking behind spirit combat was that it was pretty much the same as normal combat but on the spirit level.

With RQ2/3 this seemed to get lost. In particular spirit combat:

  1. got boring (or maybe I should say "remained" boring)
  2. got deadly (even beyond resurrection)
  3. got personal (no shared attacks or defenses)

I never ever liked spirit combat in RQ2. Has anyone ever reformed it, or does anyone have any thoughts on how it might be reformed? Even better, can anyone tell me what the "spirit" of spirit combat should be?

Cheers

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com