Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #480

From: Tim Adams <adamsto_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:01:07 -0600

> I see from RQ2/3 rules that spirit magic is taught by Cults (Rune
> Priests) using a Rune Spell. However this only allows a priest to teach
> something he already knows.

You can't teach what you don't know

> So how does a cult learn a new spirit spell that no priest knows? Do
> they have to contact a shaman, or is there some sort of equivalent
> service available through the god?

you either need to quest for the power to perform the spell like a hero power, where by you have mastered the power and may teach it. or you need to find someone a spirt/entity/god/whatever who knows the power and will teach it to you. which ever the case it is not easy.Phelan th Gruen

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #481