Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #481

From: allen wallace <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:58:29 -0800 (PST)

On the Sky discussion, which is rapidly growing pointless and tiresome, no on agrees and the premises have got to be supporting house secrets that no one wants to share. Actually this seems to be a very common difficulty here.

Anyway....

And how is Sog City going to figure out when it is high noon in Boldhome?

Carrier pigeons? One _could_ get around this problem by having a relay

heliograph situated at opposite ends of the country (ie say from Northpoint

to Molene). But because the distance is shorter, the accuracy of the

waterclock needs to be even higher...

This is actually really easy, I about asked the question myself before it hit me. Telepathy spells to coordinate. Anyone who could bring this test into being could certainly find a powerful enough sorcerer, especially in Sog City.

                                Allen