Dragon Pass game rules

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:49:42 +0000

Just finished this - a very interesting read and well worth the $7 from Wizard's Attic. I never realised that the Harrek was the White Bear of White Bear Red Moon, for example.

I *loved* the idea of zombies walking around in single file (so to speak). You can almost imagine them each with an arm up on the shoulder of the one in front, all being lead around the place by Delecti.

Anyway, I know it's all very old stuff, and much changed before becoming The Glorantha (only 6 lightbringers, ISTR, and they're called dawnquesters). Still, I was wondering about a few things:

  1. There's this androgynous thing wondering around the place. Does that exist in The Glorantha.
  2. There's mention, I can't quite remember where, of a Valkyrie. I think it's the mother of one of the heroes. Is that in Glorantha now?
  3. It says that the Lunars were basically unlucky when they chose to build their Reaching Moon temple on top of the Brown Dragon. Was that really all it was - bad luck?

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe one of you Grey Sages would like to say a word or two about the applicability of this game to modern Glorantha.

Cheers

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com