Pharaoh's Runes ; Dreams ; Dragontooth Harvest

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:06:50 +0100 (MET)

If an autotheist Heroquester like Belintar has mastered Runes, which Runes would it be ?

One of my players wanted to be initiates in the Cult of the Pharaoh (pre-1616) and I improvised a short format with Mastery (the Rex aspect), Life and Death. One could add other opposite Power Runes, like Fate and Luck but I am afraid to create a too "powerful" cult with too many Runic associations.

Pharaoh doesn't have a direct access to the Five Elements except via his associated cults of the Holy Country. I suppose the Pharaoh didn't grant Divine Magic, only Battle Magic and Sorcery (especially Transformation Spells).

Which God are associated with Sleep and Dreams in the Theyalan cultures ? I found only Misarde, Steve Maurer's Nightmare God.

Richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com> remarked a link between Argrath's Dragontooth Warriors and the sown teeth in "Jason". Cadmos, the founder of Thebai in Beotia, planted the teeth of the Dragon and the Spartoi became the (litterally autochthonous) aristocracy of the new city. In some representations, Cadmos has a snake-tail after his death.
The Dragontooth Warriors remind more this relation between Draconic and Chthonian than the scene in the Argonautics.

Nevertheless,
>Question is: Where's the Golden Fleece?
The Praxian Medicine Bags ? Argrath's Bear skin ? :-)

Frederic Ferro
- --
mailto:ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/ferro/jdr.html "The dawn is my Assyria; the sun-set and moon-rise my Paphos, and unimaginable realms of Faerie; broad noon shall be my England of the senses & understanding; the night shall be my Germany of mystic philosophy and dreams."-- Emerson