Humath/Arkat

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:31:10 +0000

Nick writes in support of the Humakt/Arkat theory :

>Given that you agree this is a "cool theory", how many years are you
>prepared to wait for an "even cooler theory" before you start using it?

>I'd adopt what we have, until something better comes along. After all,
>where is "Humath" in print?

Whoa there, I'm not about to set myself up as a reactionary, or counter-revolutionary or anything. It just seems to me that there is a lot about Arkat and the cult of Humakt lying dormant in Greg's mystical subconcious that it would be realy nice to be able to get at. I admit though that as the old duffer advances in age, the chances that dope induced memory fogging and creeping brain death will obliterate it, or at least render it uselessly arcane, increase steadily.

I was merely pointing out that the Arkat/Humath theory, which realy neat, doesn't have the universal acceptance that it probably deserves. If that sets me up to be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, then so be it.

In fact, the Humath/Arkat theory is already a central part of one of my two current campaigns. The plot involves the recovery of a very different 'Wind Sword' than the one in Griffin Mountain. Since in this version Arkat is said to have wielded it personaly, and as the sword is known to have both storm and darkness associations, it's evident that the history of the sword and the life of Arkat are closely interrelated. I can't say any more because at least one of my players reads the list. (Hello Phil!)

Simon