A Heroquest Gone Horribly Wrong?

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:01:54 -0800

While reading a story called "The Bloodstained Robe" in the collection "Tales of the Spring Rain" by Ueda Akinari awhile back, I ran across the following passage that sounded so Gloranthan I thought I would share...

        "One day when not a cloud was in the sky and not a breeze was stirring, peals of thunder suddenly rumbled overhead. Kukai hurried to the Palace and chanted spells in a loud voice, while fingering his rosary. Something plummeted to earth: incredibly, it was some kind of strange, giant barbarian, riding in a chariot! The man was seized, locked in a large coffer, and thrown into the Naniwa Canal. Imbe no Hamanari dug up the ground to a depth of three feet at the spot where the mysterious rider had landed, and loudly recited exorcisms and prayers of purification."

Gary R. Switzer--Aero Hobbies