Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #482

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 98 17:24:07 CDT

& From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
& Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #481
&
& Note that 'effectively infinite' just means larger than you can measure.
& As I pointed out before, that's only around 30,000 km diameter. And if the
& light bends such that we view the sky as if through a great lens, it could be
& a good deal less.
&

Just for laffs, I dreamed up a model where Glorantha was actually a cube 10000 km along each edge; the sky dome was a sphere that touched the cube at each corner. (Amazing what the mind will do to alleviate the boredom of waiting for Win95 to do something.) That means Yelm is 3660 km up above Magasta's pool, but only 2071 directly above the edge at dawn. The diameter of the dome would be 17300 km or so (unlesI  just failed my Math roll and left out a factor of 2).

Just a silly exercise.

& It belongs to Xentha, the goddess of the night.
&
& << And where does it go in daylight?>>
&
& She takes it away with her when she goes down to Hell.
&

This does make me wonder what would be left if Xentha didn't come out after sunset some time. Hmmmmm...oh, wait a minute. There are some men in blue at the door. Be right bacL*)&USEOUD NO CARRIER

Baron von Moosehsunchen

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us New: Parts not interchangeable with previous model.