Go Quest, young man.

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:33:29 +0000

David Weihe :

>part of the theory strikes me as
>incomplete at best, and a magnificent example of Medieval thinking
>(which is to say, NOT thinking, just blathering sounds that seem
>enjoyable when they wash over you) at worst.

In my experience, not much has changed since the middle ages!

Simon Phipp :

>> Unfortunatley, the Humath-Arkat > HumaArkat > Humakt theory is >>not
supported by Greg,

>Ha, ha, ha, ha! It's always good when a theory I do not like gets
>shot down in flames!!!

I wouldn't go that far yet, it's certainly true in at least one of my Gloranthas.

>> If the hero is acting as an avatar of the god, then both are true.
>> Achieving this is a vital step in the establishment of a heroquest.
>
>If a HeroQuest is performed in normal Time, it pnly affects the
>Questor. If performed on the God Plane then it carves out a groove in
>the God Plane which allows others to follow it. If the Quest is
>taught as part of a cult and is performed primarily by cult members
>then it will become accepted as part of the cult.

Hmmmm. I think when you say god Plane, you actualy mean Hero Plane? I don't think any heroquests are performed entirely in normal time, though some parts of them often are. At some stage, the hero has to leave the mundane world and enter the myth.

Simon H

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #485