contra Phipp

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:51:51 +1200 (NZST)

Simon Phipp:

>If more people took Glorantha as a place where the Gods
>exist and the Myths were real, then we would have fewer pointless
>arguments about the nature of things.

If this is intended as a slam against the "subjectivists", then you'll obviously weren't been following the debate very well.

[Simon claimed that one could detect the time difference between Sog City and Boldhome by using a mindlink between two people in different cities]

Me>> Range of 100m last time I looked.

>Look again, cast at range 100m, then stays up until it runs out,
>wherever you are.

Bollocks. Read the last sentence of the spell description: 'Mindlink remains in effect as long as the spell participants are within range of each other'.

>As was pointed out by someone else, anyone who
>wanted to perform this experiment would have the resources to use
>such spells.

Obviously you've never heard of lack of research funds...