Minor natterings

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:29:28 +1200 (NZST)

Robert McArthur:

>I'd like to find out how many poeple think any of the following are true:

>In 1620,
>1. almost any Storm Kahn at the Block knows when the Thanatar HHD is.
>2. almost any Wind Lord in Boldhome knows when the Thanatar HHD is.

Nope to both.

>3. almost any Storm Kahn at the Block knows when the Thed HHD is.

Yup.

>4. almost any Wind Lord in Boldhome knows when the Thed HHD is.

Nope.

Jonathan Coxhead:

> Although I doubt there are many measurements of the heights of mountain
>ranges, we do know that some of them are sleeping dragons; so they should
>have roughly the same profile, though obscured with smaller peaks and other
>bits of terrain.

Why should they have the same profile? They could be stretched out or curled around or even lie on their backs.

>One of the strange things about the large-scale maps of Glorantha is
>that they show little evidence of divine activity. At smaller scales, one
>of the fascinating things about Gloranthan cartography is the history
>manifested in the landscape: the Paps and Agape, the Good Canal, the Block,
>the circular Glowline around Tarsh, Dragonewt Roads and so on. There's not
>much of this at the level of the Lozenge as a whole (Magasta's Pool and the
>Gates of Dawn and Dusk are exceptions). Why not?

Mainly because most of glorantha has not been detailed on that level. But it is common. For example, Peloria has the Footstool on which Yelm became Emperor, the City in which the Red Goddess was born and so forth.

Alex Ferguson:

>Orlanth's Ring is out of the Sky for the first week of Sacred Time,
>and visible through the second week, leaving the Dome via Polestar
>on the first night of the subsequent new year.

>From the Polestar? Not Stormgate?

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #487