Ginna Jar

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:21:10 EST

Hello Folks,

> Orlanth
> Lhankor Mhy
> Issaries
> Eurmal
> Chalana Arroy
> Flesh Man
> Ginna Jar
> Sorry, who was that last one on the list? I've heard stories, and
> seen statues, and read myths, about all of the others. But I don't
> seem to recall who this "Ginna Jar" is. Can you point me to one of
> "her" temples? one of "her" priests? one of "her" legends?
 *snipped*
> ::::
> Nick
> ::::

That reminds me on a german fairy tale/childrens book.

It is called "Jim Knopf und die Wilde dreizehn" (Jim Knopf and the wild thirteen, in english, but i think it never was published in english) by Michael Ende.

In this book is a ship of pirates who call themselves the wild thirteen, but in fact their counting is wrong. They are 12 pirates at all, and one of them is the Camptain, so they think they are 13.

IMHO it is the same thing with the 7 lightbringers. We have 6 People and the collective mind of them; they are 6 Individuals, but together they are more than the pieces they are made from.

Cheers

Andre Jarosch

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #491