Mindlink

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 09:51:07 +1200 (NZST)

Simon Phipp on Mindlink:

SP:>>>cast at range 100m, then stays up until it runs out,
>>>wherever you are.

Me>> Bollocks. Read the last sentence of the spell description: 'Mindlink
>> remains in effect as long as the spell participants are within range
>> of each other'.

>Ah, but I prefer the RQ2 description which is far better.

Well, duh, if I was refering to the RQ2 description then I would have said a range of 160m. The RQ2 description is open to abuse (ie it still exists even if one teleports out) which is the reason why it was changed. But it depends; if one prefers the "Runemasters" ethos of magical tactics, then there is nothing wrong with it.