Re: Time Zones et al

From: allen wallace <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:02:42 -0800 (PST)

One last post on the subject.

>We do not know if the time of the teleport is solely a function of

the distance travelled. Other factors like the season, whether the

air is calm, the phase of the moon, travelling to a non-standard

location (ie any location not listed in KoS p70-72) may also have a

major influence on the transit time.

Also your post that you don't necessarily believe Glorantha is flat.

It has been apparent for some time that your Glorantha is a globe and the Flat-Gloranthaers are merely uninformed primitives. Or if not a globe exactly something similar. Why else would you go to such extreme and often abusive lengths to prevent anyone from having someone get something definitely contradictory accepted as gospel? Actually you may even have Greg in your corner on this one. I'm afraid I lost my respect for Gloranthan legitamacy when I heard about the first lore auction. Play you're Gloranthan globe, have all your magic come from Flux-world super computers it doesn't matter. Just try to be polite to us ignorant savages who don't want to play that way. Please. There is a lot of intellegent interesting conversation on this list, from you as well as everyone else. I dont want to drop the list because I'm tired of people belittling everyone else because of different base assumptions that no one is willing to admit to.

	Sorry for the tirade, and I'm sorry I'm singling you out.
		A lot of people are doing it.

				Allen