Magic Swords; Coder Questions

From: Michael O'Brien <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:52:15 +1000

G'day all,

Magic Swords

For another type of Gloranthan magic sword to add to Graeme Willoughby's excellent summary (V#5 No.495), visit my "Lottery Swords" article in the Assorted Writings section of my web page < http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob >. Lottery swords are created by the Humakti of Esrolia, and involve a group of initiates banding together and placing all their Humakti gifts into the *same* weapon. They then duel each other to see who wins the sword. This creates one very powerful magic sword, one very lucky recipient, and a dozen or so disgruntled Humakti...

Coder Questions

Patrik Sandberg wonders:

>3) Maybe MOB has some opinions on this one... What happends to
>the Coders after the things portrayed in "Strangers in Prax"?
>Were they involved in the Cradle affair?

A hearty yes, IMG! They would be one of the parties of Lunars who climb on board the Cradle to explore it when it is run aground at Pavis. At Corflu the Cradle is attacked by the Lunar Wyvern Riders. Given that the Coders also ride wyverns, I suggest that Count Julan either led or joined this assault, and others may have been around for spell and missile support.

>Do they return to Dragon Pass after 1621?

They leave Prax, and do not return to the region.

>Do they take an active part in the
>things happening in Heortland and Holy Country in the early
>1620's? Do they have any dealings with Tatius the Bright? I know
>that in 1632 Count Julan is no longer the leader of the Coders,
>as he has taken up the position of Captain of the Imperial
>Bodyguard in Glamour. When does he leave the Coders?

The future history of the Coders was sketched out for the Life of Moonson LARP. I'd prefer not to go into any detail here, because LoM is going to be run again at Convulsion in July and I don't want to spoil the plot! Suffice it to say the Coders as a group were disbanded when Julan took up his position as Captain of the Imperial Bodyguard.

Sorry I can't be more helpful at this time!

Cheers,

MOB

Michael O'Brien,
Bayswater Primary School