'twixt pagan gods

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 02:39:25 -0800

The pagan god speaks...
- -

>I don't really care if the sky dome has to be 5,000,000 miles in the
>air to make sense from a mathematical point of view. If the dwarves
>can tunnel through air (and they can), why can't the sky dome be
>about 25 miles above the Red Moon, which is about 25 miles up in the
>air (Be gentle, I don't have the figures in front of me)? Also, if I
>were an Orlanthi priest powerful enough to have mutliple guided
>teleports, I believe my temple should chuck me out if I start wasting
>them on proving that Glorantha has time zones. More importantly, I
>don't think time zones exist anyway. Yelm, in a chariot, rolls out of
>the gates of dawn and his light shoots across Glorantha in a few
>seconds, just long enough for a really cool sunrise with an appropriate
>soundtrack. The same goes for sunset. If that messes up the whole
>concept of Glorantha having a horizon, so what? I was having a chat with
>Nick one night and he was nice enough to point out that while Glorantha
>is flat, having a horizon makes sense, otherwise the artists would have
>to draw screwy pictures. I like that line of reasoning.

That pithily and succinctly sums almost everything Gloranthan up. The end. (Of course my take on the size of Glorantha and the sky dome is as follows) The sky dome is about 9ft high and Glorantha is 210mm by 297mm and is flat, apart from a crease in the world in the bottom left hand corner with the red moon being a lightbulb about 7th up and all the people are REALLY, REALLY small.)

All hail the preaching loon (who has played in good D&D campagins)