Re: Female Malkioni Knights???

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:07:47 EST

Michael Cule:

<< Umm, apart from the heretics * I have in my own Glorantha, I wasn't aware of any
 Malkioni society that allowed female knights? Am I mistaken?>>

      Well, the largest Malkioni sect in Genertela does - the Hrestoli Idealists of Loskalm and Junora. In their society anybody can become a knight if they can pass the tests. Since IMO the contests for promotion to knighthood are absolutely equalitarian, and women (on average) aren't as good at or interested in the kind of muscular biffing the tests consist of, I would suggest that *most* Loskalmi knights are men, but that a substantial minority (say, one in four) are women.

      I believe that the followers of the Lunar heresy of Syanoranism ("the prophets are Malkion, Hrestol and the Red Moon Prophetess") also allow female knights, and I'm sure at least one of the numerous sects in Ralios must also do so. The Aeolians might too, given that Vingans and female Humakti exist in traditional Orlanthi society.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky