Apologies

From: allen wallace <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:50:02 -0800 (PST)

To All, Especially Peter Metcalfe,

I'm angry that people on the Digest are spending so much time writing nasty notes back and forth, so naturally I go and write one myself. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

  Anyway sorry.

Clarifications on some points though. The reason I'm bothered is that things are getting antagonistic enough, that it really appears that people are getting into bad debate mode. They aren't reading for content but for points of rebuttal. Arguements replace communication. My but doesn't that sound new age and PC. If I have escalated this I'm sorry about that.

The Mythicly challenged comment, see my last sentence.

On my last line, Peter, you missed my point, I was not commenting that everyone was singling you out, I was commenting that you are hardly the only one doing it. If I hadn't already made you defensive that might have been more apparent. Sorry about that.

Last and stickiest. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION. It is judgemental and all kinds of other negative things, I play to my own strengths.

My problem with the Glorantha lore auctions is not anything that is said but that they happened at all. I started way back when, Padding spells and monochrome printing. I remember (fondly) talking about ideas about myth, monsters and what it means to play heroic fantasy while eating a very expensive burger with really bad fries, with Greg and several others at a very early Dundracon I think. There was some degree of respect and equality of ideas. Alore auction where Greg will answer your questions seems a touch out of step for me.

  again, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO AGREE

                        Allen