inspirations

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:16:17 -0000

For people playing Pent nomads, take a look at http://www.shadowdragon.org.uk/ a site dedicated to mongols. It depicts the organisation of a mongol clan in a very interesting way.

I don't want to go back to the discussion on whether trolls realy do or don't eat rocks, but I just can't avoid presenting this info I got in a newspaper. It seems that when the first Portuguese went to Sri Lanka in the 16th century, the local people described them as: "men that dress in metal, eat ROCK and drink BLOOD." It took some time before the Sri Lankese realised that the strange foreigners didn't dress metal - it was their armor; that they didn't eat rock - it was European style bread; and they didn't drink blood - it was wine.

Sergio