re: Lore Auctions

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:38:16 +0000

> Greg has repeatedly said that Glorantha
> is ours to develop. If there are fan boys who take his word as LAW
> and don't have the courage, imagination or motivation to come up with
> something that expands or modifies what they feel is WRITTEN IN STONE
> (or was written in 1971), that's their problem.

The key phrase, IMO, is "develop".

Without regurgitating all that Blank Balastor stuff of some months back, I feel that there is an issue in presenting information about Glorantha in a structured way. Then when we do have courage, imagination and motivation to write our own bits we can do so in a way which is consistent with the way Glorantha is generally perceived.

If we go completely your own way, then it isn't Glorantha anymore.

It's a tricky thing to do. You have to give enough information out to qualify as "providing a campaign setting", but not too much that you stifle anybody else's creativity.

Richard