Re: Greg on AOL

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 06:31:32 EST

Frederic Ferro on the new game:

<< It will use d20s, not percentile dice, but won't include personality traits like Pendragon.

 I wonder why. They are very useful to quantify some "challenges" in Heroquesting. I don't see how you can do without. >>

     I assume you mean the personality traits, not the d20s? :-)
     Well, the advance publicity tells us that HeroQuesting will be covered by
the new rules, so presumably they've found some other way to do it. Personality traits are unpopular with some players though, especially if the GM hasn't managed to grasp that they reflect how the player acts not dictate it. I too, was somewhat surprised to see them disappear, but this didn't crop up until the last few minutes of the discussion, and time is very limited on these things anyway, so I didn't explore the reasons behind it in any greater depth.

<< Wasn't the Imther Pack refused by Chaosium? Why would Issaries, Inc
publish what Chaosium vetoed? Or did I get the whole story wrong? IIRC, an Editorial of TotRM said the Imther Pack was the property of Avalon Hill and had been "de-gloranthized". >>

    That was my understanding to. However, Imther was specifically mentioned, and Greg said he was keen to see it re-done for the new game IIRC. Strange, I admit.

Mark Mohrfield:

<< Both the new rules and

 the Orlanthi supplement are hoped to be out in time for Gencon (hopefully  somebody out there knows when this is, 'cause I don't!)>>

 Gen Con will be held on August 6-9 this year. Unfortunately, I believe that  Greg was refering to next year's Gen Con. >>

    Indeed he was. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky