Bendy Sky Dome

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:29:58 GMT

Phil H. quotes Mystery Sources:
> >If one has access to a baseline of, say, 1000km, then you
> >can detect parallax of objects up to maybe 100,000km away
> >(with rapidly decreasing accuracy).

> But what would you conclude if you travelled to Kralorela, took another
> reading, and this did not intersect with the first two?

That the Sky Dome is fucked, basically.

I don't exclude this possibility, I just want to make the observational consequences of a "The sky is a hemisphere of (blah) size, light ain't bendy, deal" type of "design decision". And naturally, I'd like to know if it _doesn't_ look like a (finite or otherwise) hemisphere, what on Glorantha _does_ it look like?

Slainte,
Alex.