Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #501

From: TMRAROSE <TMRAROSE_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 14:29:27 EST

I have acopy of wyrms footnotes 11(1981) which has thesword of sharpness in it For those interested, a sword of sharpness is +5% to hit, +1 damage and +2 hitpoints(+3if iron)(rq1)
the knowledge on how to make these swords is common

To make a sword of sharpness you have to

1)Get a high quality
2)take sword into combat
3)Throw fireblade or arrange for the blade to remain hot
4)Sacrifice a point of power
5)Kill an intellligent enemy in one blow
If the enemy does not die, you are out a point of power ,if you miss youcan try again
The sword special powers work only for the maker. To everyone else its a regular sword. Although it does not state this , I would say that the combat has to acceptable to the makers patron God. I would also require an enchant skill roll