Re: Valuable Stuff

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:55:42 +0000

Allen wrote:

>I have to disagree on this....
>>- -..I think there is an unwritten law which says that valueable stuff,
>>magical or not, tends to spread out to cover the largest possible area.
>>I think mass produced stuff ends up becomning "bog standard" - a bit
>>like the +1 swords of D&D.

>- -.. It seems to me that valuable stuff tends to concentrate in the hands
>of the rich and powerful, being occasionally catastrophicly redistributed.
>This would be less true among good Orlanthi and Nomads who have extant
>Gift rituals that will tend to reverse this trend.

I think it depends how valueable.

Artifacts belong in the hands of the rich and famous. If some adventurer picks up the "invisible sword", then as soon as it's become known that he's got it he ain't gonna keep it for long.

+1 swords, if they exist, or say Aldryami Arrows, or jars full of Rhino Fat, will be spread around.

Then everything in between will be somewhat accumulated, somewhat distributed.

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com