Umathelans

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:46:23 -0800

I'm working up an Umathelan campaign, and I'm looking for some names.

The problem is there are essentially two human cultures which live in Umathela: the quasi-Orlanthi (it's probably better to call them storm barbarians) and the Malkioni (most of whom I believe are Sedalpists). The storm barbarians live inland along rivers, where they practice slash-and-burn agriculture in the second growth forests. The Malkioni are coastal people, living in city-states.

Anyway, I'm tentatively calling the storm barbarians Umathelans (they're the ones who revere Umath, after all, and they take up most of the area), but that leaves me without a name for the coastal folk.

I suppose I could call the Coastal people Umathelans, since perhaps they'd be more likely to *have* a name for the whole land, and use an Jrusteli name, but then I have no name for the storm barbarians (though they could be grouped into Vralans and Enklosans).

The Sedalpists were originally of Fengwal (which is on the map in Breakout, though not mentioned in the text). But I don't think that's a good name for the entire coast.

Also, are the Vadeli of Umathela exclusively red, or brown as well? (I presume this is also the color of their skin.)