Minor topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 21:03:54 +1200 (NZST)

Trotsky:

FF>>Wasn't the Imther Pack refused by Chaosium? Why would Issaries, Inc
>>publish what Chaosium vetoed? Or did I get the whole story wrong? IIRC, an
>>Editorial of TotRM said the Imther Pack was the property of Avalon Hill and
>>had been "de-gloranthized".

> That was my understanding to. However, Imther was specifically mentioned,
>and Greg said he was keen to see it re-done for the new game IIRC. Strange, I
>admit.

I understood by 'de-gloranthized' to mean that the Imther background material was taken out and the adventures redone for a new background. This project was dropped later on and so I understand the material is still able to be used. I suspect that it wasn't the gloranthan material that was at fault but rather Chaosium & AH were manuveuring for a divorce of sorts.

Richard Develyn

>Can an associate (or is it assistant?) shaman of Foundchild, be an
>initiate of Foundchild as well?

There are no shamans of Foundchild, only Master Hunters. A Shaman or assistant can be an initiate or Master Hunter of the cult. However his spiritual duties take priorty and a Master Hunter is usually a normal member of the shaman's ethnic group.

>My campaign requires that characters, currently FoundChild initiates, be
>allowed to pursue careers in other cults, whilst maintaining their
>initiate status in Foundchild.

>Which other cults would be appropriate?

What cultures are the characters? I suspect from Foundchild that they are either Pentans, Praxians or Balazarings. The cults they can join are the other spirits of those cultures. Praxians can worship Waha, Pentans Kargzant etc.

Secondly I find the sentence fragment 'be allowed to pursue careers in other cults' to be very strange. Foundchild is a Hunting God and is worshipped by Hunters. When they are not hunting, they are pretty much free to do whatever they like.

K. Paul McDonald:

>I'm new to this list, so perhaps I missed an important earlier post,
>but the magic of the swords (or other items) produced in the clanking
>city didn't *have* to be something mundane like a +1.

The swords concerned have already been described.

        'The crowning insult was a factoryu which manufactured the
        so-called Ibiros (brand) of swords, which had a permanently-
        activated Bladesharp 3 matrix on each on.'
                                Different Worlds #24.