Re: Hunter Cults

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:42:23 +0000

Nick replies:

> There are two different concepts you're confusing. An "Assistant
> "proper" Foundchild master hunter) at the start of a Hunt.

Ok. It was assistant shaman that I was thinking of.

> So the question really is, where your campaign is set, do the
> master hunters, priests or shamans who keep the cult going also
> participate in hunts themselves? (The RQ norm, which you can see
> in the GoG Foundchild cult, is that the Master Hunter is a damn'
> good hunter who almost certainly participates in the Great Hunt
> himself).

River of Cradles is my setting, the characters are all nomads. It's the ancient cradle campaign we discussed a while back, with a Praxian secret society bringing disparate nomads together (I've put a few initial notes up on http://www.skaro.demon.co.uk/cradle/cradle.htm ).

So ... my assistant shamen are also initiates.

Re other cults:

Waha, Storm Bull, Eiritha - fine. What about Lightbringers, Humakt, Yelmalio, Pavis ...

A couple of other questions, what do the hunters in this area hunt? Do they hunt only for food, or for furs, ivory, teeth, trophies, etc.

Cheers

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com