Questions concerning the Talastari

From: K. Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:29:59 -0500

Hey folks,

I am running a PenDragon Pass game loosely using the Riskland campaign as the setting. There are a couple of themes that I am trying to flesh out, and would appreciate some input...

  1. The Riskland is composed of a mix of local Bilini tribesmen and exiles from across the Lunar Empire - especially Dragon Pass and Pavis. What are some of the differences between these Orlanthi cultures? I am under the impression that the Talastari have been influenced by the Dara Happan solar culture. They also may have a different spin on the Bright Empire and Nysalor than their Dragon Pass cousins, since Arkat's invasion was basically a huge disaster for them. The Dorastor suppliment does state that Illumination is considered a Bad Thing by the Talastari...
  2. Although this is probably one of the Unanswerable Questions... Anyone have opinions of the Wolfbear prophesy?
  3. How about the Hero Wars future history? What are all those Arkati in Ralios up to that would impact the Risklanders? What about Charg?

I realize that any answer to the above questions is mostly idle speculation, but any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks!

Your Friendly Imperial Travel Agent...
K.Paul McDonald