Re: Gloranthan products

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:37:42 -0800

Books going in and out print is really part of of life, be it for RPG companies, fiction publishers, university presses, or what not. Sales tend to decrease with time (not true for rulebooks; very true for adventure books), so it's an impossibility to keep books in print, and it's often hard to reprint books as well, because of the costs involved. I've scoured many a used game/book store to find a rare treasure.

All I can really say regarding old RQ2 Glorantha products is this:

    http://www.glorantha.com/library/

  Many items are not available, because we don't want to limit   ourselves from ever printing new copies of that particular material.

  There will be an update soon, when I extract myself from other   piles of work.

I can tell you briefly that Issaries doesn't plan to revisit old locales in the first few years of publication (instead you'll get to travel to Orlanthi countries, the Lunar Empire, the homes of the Elder Races, the hero plane, and the oceans), so if you take the time to search out those RQ2 products, it'll be worth it for a few years at least. (And I trust that most people will be very happy to see totally new locales detailed, rather than just revisiting Dorastor and Prax.)

Shannon

Here's places to find out-of-print games:

  http://www.dragontrove.com
  http://www.sentrybox.com
  http://www.titan-games.com

  VOX: 601-863-0215 FAX: 601-863-0323