Re: kids; Foundchild

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:04:56 -0800

Games for children:

Prince Valiant would likely be a fine system. If you don't want to stick with the instantly-identifiable knights, you can use it for other backgrounds (I did saga Iceland, and Michael Schwartz did Prince Argrath).

In Glorantha, the "caveman" setting of the Griffin Mountain Votanki is easy enough. Lamentably, this is out of print, but Griffin Island (also out of print but much more recent) actually has more detail on this culture.

Richard Develyn asked

> Do I basically choose, for my Glorantha, whether Foundchild is a
> relatively weak spirit or a full blown God?
>
> Or is it that there are two manifestations of the same thing?

That's a little like asking whether the large red planet is an amazing but annual lover (Tolat) or an insane killer (Shargash).

Much* depends on how you worship the god. (This was surely behind some of the God Learner techniques.) If you use spirit cult techniques, you (by definition) won't have a very powerful god. If you can organize proper deistic worship, then Foundchild can respond accordingly. Foundchild might also be worshipped as a clan ancestor...