Depity MOB.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 19:57:34 +0100 (BST)

Stephen Martin says of Flesh Man on the LBQ:
> he can be seen as the tanist, the sacrifice needed to allow the
> quest to continue at some point.

Sacrifice, perhaps, tanist no. Tanistry isn't about just offing anyone who comes to hand, it's about the sacral cycle of the king and his deputy, the tanist. The Irish Deputy Prime Minister still has a very closely related title (t\'{a}naiste), though disappointingly, blood sacrifice on the floor of the Dail seems to have largely gone out of fashion. (Dick Spring did have a bit of go at reinstating much of the original sense of the word on the person of Albert Reynolds, mind you.)

Michael O'Brien speaks of:
> "The Martyrdom of Theoblanc, Holy Saint of Rokarism" [...]
> This was truly the most fun I have ever had in a LARP!

I'll bet. How many times in one lifetime does get away with handing over large quantities of cash to a member of the Capratis family, and _not_ have them embezzle it in perpetuity!

[grumble, grumble, kicks self in arse]

Slainte,
Alex.