Religion as HQ.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:09:08 +0100 (BST)

David Cake:
> Personally, I think that in many important senses a Gloranthan
> religion is a collection of heropaths, in much the same way as a real world
> religion is a collection of theological statements.

I think I agree with you more about the Gloranthan case than the RW one. But the important thing is that heropaths aren't _just_ heropaths, they imply also a corresponding set of myths, rituals, moral values, _spells_ (just in case any RQ players are awake out there) and I suppose yes, theological statements.

> I don't think you even have to keep walking the path over and over,
> really. I just think you have to convince everyone that your way was the
> righ way.

Well, if it's never walked, even in a purely "re-enactment" sense, then it effectively is no longer part of the religion. Of course, this could easily happen and two religions which differed in this respect remain distinct, for political/theological/inertia reasons.

Slainte,
Alex.