Foundchild

From: Mikael Raaterova <amr_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:33:55 +0200

Richard Develyn asks:
>Do I basically choose, for my Glorantha, whether Foundchild is a
>relatively weak spirit or a full blown God?

Only if you want to.

>Or is it that there are two manifestations of the same thing?
>Or is that there are two separate things?

Does it matter?

Founchild is worshipped both in spirit cult fashion and in God fashion (though not under the same name by the same people at the same time in the same place). Praxian Agimori worship F as a god, while beast riders worship F through spirit cults. How F is worshipped says nothing about whether F is a god or a spirit, only what cultural importance he is given in a given society.

There's no way of judging or measuring the relative size/power of the various gloranthan gods. Sartarites believe Orlanth is the supreme god while Praxians believe Orlanth to be Stormbull's lazy, careless and fickle little brother. Most Praxians that worship Little Brother/Orlanth do so in spirit cult fashion. So is Orlanth a relatively weak spirit or a full blown god?

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #512