Re: Foundchild & Photocopiers

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:06:07 EST

Richard Develyn:

 << Do I basically choose, for my Glorantha, whether Foundchild is a relatively weak spirit or a full blown God? >>

     Close. You decide for the particular culture/tribe/clan whether Foundchild is a Great Spirit or a God. Some cultures worship him as described in GoG, others worship him via shamans. Some may even do both; IMG the only thing that would prevent a shaman from worshipping Foundchild as a Great Spirit is the inability to find a spot sacred to him, or else some cultural taboo.

Jon Green:

<<For -- and only for -- the original Chaosium-published material, Issaries Inc. could set a copy fee per item (per book, booklet and separate map). The copy fee represents the original purchase price, less printing costs; adjusted for inflation, but a little extra added for the additional printing costs (see later).>>

    Something along these lines is currently being done by Columbia Games for their OOP material. Presumably they don't find it a problem financially, or they wouldn't keep doing it. OTOH, they aren't planning to reprint a awful lot of it in the near future, so perhaps they're less worried about undercutting profits from future products than Issaries might be.

    Personally, I'd be happier to see it at www.glorantha.com, since I get the impression there's an awful lot less of it than most people think.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky